Rivets installed without protection of Snap Soc.
Note scuffing and marring - "smileys"
Rivets installed with Snap Soc.
Anodized coating on rivet and cladding
on skin surface appear untouched
Protects rivets and sheet metal from scuffing/marring (smileys),
reducing incidence of stress fractures, re-work and visible blemishes
Prevents safety concern of early corrosion by:
- protecting aluminum cladding on sheet metal
- protecting anodized coating on rivets
Saves costs associated with re-work of damaged materials,
- direct rework of assembly technician labor
- inspectors to re-inspect work piece
- overhead allocations to direct labor
- quality asurance documentation
- skin or support structure replacement
over alternative protection methods (taping of anvil)
Promotes precision in riveting action
(works to center and stabilize anvil on rivet):
- provides method of self-testing to determine if riveting action is perpendicular
Works most effectively with perpendicular riveting
- range is 200 rivets installled
- many experienced/skilled technicians routinely exceed this range
Angular riveting: life of Snap soc can be extended by rotating it slightly
to provide a fresh surface for contact with the materials.
Increases technician comfort level and confidence with riveting
(reduce worry of damaging materials)
Reduces long-term noise stress on tecnician and others in the work area
(buffer between metal surfaces reduces noise)
the 'Manning Innovation Award' 2006
(Patent # 6,298,543)
Industrial manufacturing and tool solutions
Just Look at the Difference!